The Enterprise Architect will play a key role in helping to lead the technical direction for .com platform. The Enterprise Architect will help drive the on-time delivery of application development for the platform while ensuring a coherent architectural strategy. Prior experience should include designing enterprise-wide solutions and strategies.
- Identify application platform (i.e. infrastructure) needs for projects.
- Assess the ability of existing infrastructure to support application needs.
- Infrastructure engineering design in collaboration with Security and Networking of new or additional infrastructure, where necessary, to meet new application needs.
- Identify where applications should run within the infrastructure.
- Engineering of cross platform (ecommerce, other internal systems, external systems) interaction of applications and infrastructure.
- Provide architectural recommendations for make/buy/host/outsource decision making processes.
- Document the project architecture with technical documentation that both technical and non-technical associates can understand and utilize.
- Provide production implementation support and transition
- Research emerging web technologies with focus on practical use, including lab evaluation.
- Perform Technical Due Diligence review of 3rd party products and/or services, as required by project teams.
- Plan for future growth and quality of the platform.
- IT related college degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in technology application development.
- Experience in developing enterprise-wide internet architectures.
- Experience in researching industry advancements, evaluating emerging technologies, providing recommendations to improve technical solutions, delivering business capabilities, and automation at an enterprise level.
- Experience in providing technical leadership for complex projects.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and coordination skills with both business and IT communities.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions using leading web technologies such as: ATG, JBoss, Apache, UNIX Solaris, Oracle.
- Experience designing applications with Web 2.0 technologies.
- Understanding of retail IT environment is a plus.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management and overall operations of large-scale interactive website design/development projects. The Senior Project Manager is able to ensure that their project team is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on-budget but is also able to manage the quality and integrity of the end result. Senior Project Managers should have 6-8+ years experience managing large-scale interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation. Extensive experience in an agency environment working with and implementing both project management and online best practices on and across large-scale engagements are a critical component of this role.
All in all, the Senior Project Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Senior Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. As the key point of contact for both the Client and the project team, the Senior Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of any major engagement.
• Responsible for developing overall project management strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans
• Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned. Work with project team and be actively be involved in the work
• Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
• Ability to work across several projects with one or more junior project managers or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
• Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
• Consistently identify needs that Clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
• Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
• Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
• Proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements; evangelize the our project management methodology and project processes
• Partner with project team leads to present work as well as participate in new business presentation opportunities
• Lead the training/mentoring of junior project managers on our project management methodologies and best practices as required
• Bachelors degree and at least 6-8+ years of experience in interactive project management
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams
• Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
• Experience with the development of large-scale websites and a strong understanding of associated web development technologies and third party applications and platforms is essential
• Mobile and social media/community experience an asset
• Competencies in MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki and other related project management and common communications tools is required
• PMP and other project management certifications are a big plus